We’ve also improved the Wiki integration feature, so it’ll now direct you to more accurate pages. In addition, we’ve removed the line-of-sight requirement, so you can now look stuff up from your Worn side panel!
Lastly, there’s a couple of Steam Client improvements we want to talk about:
We’ve reworked anti-drag! When active, dragging an item won’t register as a drag until the specified delay has passed, at which point the item will jump to your cursor and be dragged around as normal.
You can configure the following settings:
- Anti-drag: toggle the feature on or off.
- Drag delay: How long, in milliseconds, you have to drag an item when anti-drag is active before the drag is registered. By default, this is set to 500 milliseconds.
- Enable key: If set, you must hold this key down to activate anti-drag. Options include Always On, Shift (default) and Control.
- Disable key: When this key is held down, anti-drag will be deactivated if currently active. Options include None (default), Shift and Control.
More Examine Info
Examining an item will now give you the Grand Exchange and High and Low Alchemy values. Items which are untradeable will not show the Grand Exchange value, and items which cannot be alchemised will not show the High or Low Alchemy values.
You can adjust this feature in the settings.
The team is hard at work on future updates for the Steam client, including Clue Scrolls! We hope to have more info to share soon.
The Closed Beta for the new iOS client is here! Here are the features you can look forward to:
- Buff Bars
- Fishing Spot Indicators
- HUD Improvements (NPC Information and Combat Styles)
- Agility and Slayer Helpers
- Chambers of Xeric Helper
- Woodcutting and Ore Respawn Timers
- Increased Draw Distance
- Navigation Tile Indicators
- Chat Improvements
- Entity Highlights for NPCs (new to mobile)
- And more!
Successful applicants have been contacted through their account mailbox and should also receive email confirmation from the Apple Store now that the Beta is live.
All further communications will be through the official Old School RuneScape Discord in the exclusive #iOSBetaAnnouncements, #iOSBetaBugs, #iOSBetaFeedback and #iOSBetaGeneral channels. Join us there to catch the latest news and share your experience with the iOS client!
We’re aware of the following issues:
- The UI appears too small on devices that use a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Collapsing the Minimap on mobile can cause the Multiway Combat Icon to disappear behind it.
- The Gauntlet Timer displays incorrectly on the Side Panel.
- Interfaces displayed in the top left ‘dodge’ the Side Panel when Chat is closed.
- Using the Chatbox to DM other players or search the Grand Exchange or Bank can cause it to become unusable.
- Some loading screen elements display incorrectly.
- Minimap icons do not appear after going to areas which use LinkBelow.
- There is misaligned text in a cutscene during A Tail of Two Cats.
- Using the Entity Highlights feature causes large FPS drops in God Wars Dungeon instances.
- Grid lines can appear in multiple places.
- Inventory UI shifts slightly on some devices.
Unfortunately, we are having to postpone the beta once more until Friday, April 29th.
On March 30th, following our usual game update process, we quickly became aware of an issue that caused a small number of core systems that support both Old School and RuneScape to behave unexpectedly for a short period of time. These systems are the same ones we use to control our live architecture and manipulate configurations for things like Leagues, Deadman, the PvP Rota and the worlds used for our betas.
While the root cause is still being investigated, we are refraining from using these systems to avoid the issue occurring again and potentially causing further issues in-game.
We apologise for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work to ensure the issue is resolved so we can configure worlds to be used for the first Deadman Reborn Re-Run beta on the 29th.
- Removed some trees between the Revenant Caves’ south entrance and exit.
- The Book of Darkness (or) is now recognised as a Zarosian item.
Don’t forget that next week on April 27th is the launch of Beneath Cursed Sands!
You won’t want to miss this one as it’s not only is it the first continuation of the Desert storyline since 2007, completion of the quest is also required for Tombs of Amascut.
So lace up those sandals and refill your Waterskins as we get ready to travel back the Desert once more!
Immortalise your Leagues fashionscape with the Elite Void and Mystic Robe Pins, cheer for Shattered Relics with the Leagues III Banner Pin or take home your very own mysterious figure with the Sage Pin, created with Antique Nickel!
Follow the link to get yours now!
Discuss this update on our official forums, on the 2007Scape subreddit, the Steam forums, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdatechannel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Old School Wiki.
Mods Arcane, Archie, Argo, Ash, Ayiza, Banjo, Boko, Brow, Bruno, Curse, Daizong, Dibber, Ditto, Dylan, Ed, Elena, Errol, Fed, Gecko, Grub, Halo, Havik, Hornet, Husky, Jalo, John C, Kandosii, Katies, Kamon, Kieren, Kirby, Kurotou, Lenny, Light, Lottie, Mack, Matheus, Maylea, Markos, Meat, Morty, Nasty, Nin, Nylu, Oasis, Peppers, Regent, Redfield, Roq, Ry, Sarnie, Sigma, Skylark, Soffan, Sova, Squid, Steve W, Tide, Torrance, Veda, Vegard, West & Wolfy
The Old School Team.